Rss Feed

Pair of Pink Roses

Day 376


Pair of Pink Roses, originally uploaded by fryxie.

Today Mike and I went to Wash Park and we had a great dinner from Tokyo Joes (my first time there). We had a picnic dinner, there is nothing better than eating outside on a beautiful Colorado night.

This past Sunday when I was up in Boulder photographing the mountains I managed to swing into Art Mart on Pearl Street and get Mike the piece of art he wanted to get for his 3 year anniversary at the company. He had no idea I got it, and even brought them up in the car on the way to pick up dinner, I bit my lip, hard, to keep from saying anything. He was totally surprised :) and I'm pretty awful at keeping my mouth shut when I'm excited about something.

I'm really excited to continue to build this collection. The prints are by Steve Lowtwait check out more of his work at www.campsteve.com it is great!

After I surprised Mike he let me play in the rose garden where I took even more pictures. The wind was blowing with I thought would screw up all of my photos, but instead, the wind made for some really cool shots where the photos were off-center etc. You can see the whole stream here: Wash Park 6.29.

I'm really proud of the Pair of Pink Roses that I put at the beginning of this post. I like the soft focus and how the larger rose sort of protects the smaller one. They are exactly the same, interchangeable, but one protects the other.

I really like having an outlet for all my creative pent-up energy--there's a lot of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment