Rss Feed

The infamous first post

Day 381

I've been debating what to write here for several days. Staring at the page as my tweets refresh and the "no posts" bar stares right back at me, almost haunting and taunting me. So here goes, the first post:


(get it, post, first post ha!)

This is a blog about me. a 381 day countdown until my 27th birthday. Yes, I know I could've waited until my 26th birthday in a few days, but 365 days is so lame. This is a blog about the things I do, the things I need to do and the finding the true and perfect me.

I know that I'm very blessed. I have a job, friends, finally made it to Colorado-- my dream place to live-- and the most amazing man in my life. I know that he is the proverbial one, but I also know that it isn't fair to him, or to us, for us to get married until I've erased my debt, my doubt, my insecurities and mastered the chaos of my life.

Here I'll share lots of different things:
- the ramblings of a fictional book I've been writing on and off
- my crafty projects-- I love to sew, knit, build random shit
- my cooking experiments, successes and recipes
- my photography-- which is something I'm trying to get more into, like the things stated above, in order to shift my occasional melancholy to productivity and enjoyment.

Here's what I need to overcome:
- $5,000 in credit card debt on a salary that is just over 6 times that
- my compulsion to shop to fill gaps
- my clutter, all that shopping left me with a lot of disorganized stuff, and by a lot I mean a shit-ton
- this nagging feeling that I took the wrong fork in the job path and pushing towards the front of my brain that I'm a success and that I will continue to be so.
- my dissatisfaction with my lack of perfection within myself.


Wow that's some heavy stuff, but at least I know what the road ahead looks like.

Craft and cook more. Buy, spend and give in less. Find my balance. Share. Keep smiling

0 comments:

Post a Comment